10 songs to bop to that perfectly describe (my) ANXIETY


Music is medicine. 
Plain and simple. 

It is mind and soul candy. Neuroscientists say that music can reduce anxiety by 65%. It quite literally calms your nervous system. 

I turn to music for literally everything. Or at least I used to. I'd have to say that this is a recent re-development. During my most depressive times, I would suffer in silence. Music was treated almost like gift that I didn't deserve. After weeks of silence, I realized I don't have to live this way. I used to seek music as a way to express myself, during all times. the worst and the best. At my worst, I really was unkind to myself. Down the rabbit hole I'd go. 

Now, I turn to music again. It keeps me grounded, creative, and, honestly, stable. And I deserve it
It has improved almost every aspect on my every day - my mood, my blood pressure, my health, and, even, my marriage. Like I said, music IS medicine. 

Peter Carpenter, certified music therapist from UoMichigan-Roger Cancer Center, says these followings tips can help you to use music to improve your health:
  1. Listen with a purpose. When you're anxious or worried, use music to redirect those thoughts and feelings.
  2. Match your mood. When you notice your mood is low, listen to music that first matches how you feel. Next, pick songs that change your mood over time.
  3. Start a music journal. Journaling is a process that collects thoughts and feelings. By writing down those feelings, you can improve focus on the now rather than worry or pain.
  4. Listen to something new. Listening to new music can activate your mind in a productive and interesting way. You could even try to find new things in familiar songs. Did you notice something about the words or the background singers? Really try to make every song new again to you.
  5. Try something new. Pull out that guitar or ukulele from under your bed and learn a new skill. Trying something new can energize and motivate you.
  6. Talk to a music therapist. Music therapists are there to support you as experts on how to use music to accomplish any of your goals.
And although working with a music therapist has many benefits, Carpenter say[s] all you really need to do is listen

Here are 10 songs to BOP to 
that perfectly describe anxiety: 

(These are a few of my favorite songs that perfectly describe 
my various feelings while experiencing anxiety.)

1. Avenue Beat - Thank You, Anxiety

2. Lauv - Modern Loneliness 


3. Hoodie Allen - Intro to Anxiety


4. Ingrid Michaelson - Freak Show


5. Lil Darkie - Anxiety


6. Anna Shoemaker - Funny


7. Ed Sheeran & Travis Scott - Antisocial


8. Alanis Morissette - Reasons I Drink


9. Julia Michaels - Anxiety


10. Bmike - Anxiety


Bonus Songs: Trey Schafer - Anxiety


Joell Ortiz - Anxiety

If music doesn't do it for you...try BAKING



or do BOTH

AT THE SAME TIME



Do you have a go-to song or playlist that you go to during times of anxiety or that help put your mind at ease? Share in the comments below. 

Stay strong.
Til next time,

Solange xx


Comments

Popular Posts