Reporting live from Boston Medical Center.


These people can't tell the time. Mostly because each clock has a different time. I am in a room by myself with two clocks. One is 3 minutes behind and says its Saturday the 26th. The other is 7 minutes behind and says its the 21. I'm in the twilight zone.

Over the intercom the announcement was made that visiting hours are over because it is 8PM. It was was 7:45PM. I know that's a bit nitpicky, and, to be honest, Zach already left because he had to get back home to eat something and feed the cats, but what about other people? It made me a little sad. Don't cut their visiting hours short! Even if it's by 15 minutes. Anything can happen in 15 minutes.

So, how'd I get here? WHY'D I get here?

I won't give you the gross details, but, in short, I was feeling ill (obviously). Starting to show symptoms of kidney failure, I suppose. While I wait for transplant approval, my kidney doctor has come up with a Plan B in the event I were to go into failure: dialysis. It's looking like that may happen. Long story short: I felt sick, contacted my doctor, was suggested I admit myself to the ER, got admitted for 2 days of observation, and may start dialysis on Monday. Whirlwind, I tell you. Whirlwind.

I just have this pit in my gut about this transplant. I hope nothing goes wrong and I don't have any issues getting approved. I don't know why I would, but still. Nerves, I tell you. I am a nervous wreck. I just want this all to just happen. I want my mom to be an approved donor. I want the surgery to be scheduled and happen. And I want to recover seamlessly.

Dang, these people are loud. Hospitals are LOUD. Worst places to rest ever. EVER. Thank goodness I have headphones and a prescription for Ativan.

In happier news, the fundraiser has been going really well! In 5 short days I've raised 79% of my goal! That's nuts! The sad thing is that if I start dialysis, I may need additional financial help. This wasn't in the plan, in the budget. Ugh.

I'm hoping quiet hours are soon. I'd like some peace and quiet (my room is located right in front of the nurses station...the worst spot in my humble opinion). Thank goodness I have two season of Criminal Minds to watch and distract myself.

I think it's time to start that. Night.

Comments

Popular Posts