I am in utter shock. SHOCK

After speaking with an old colleague and friend of my she inspired me to start my own fundraising page for this new journey I'm going on in the world of kidney transplants. All of this has happened so fast! Weeks ago my doctor made a brief mention about transplants. Now, it is an urgent medical procedure that will happen within the next three months.

In terms of the fundraising page, in 2 days I have raised over $12,000! Isn't that crazy? I am just so freaking lucky. I told you, man. I told you that I needed to scream therapy to get my head on straight and then just breathe and focus on the good. Focus on the people who are actually sharing my page and donating their hard earned bucks. They are the good ones. They are the keepers. Not the ones who are days late to say "hello" and don't even take it upon themselves (as a self proclaimed good friend) to lend a helping hand (be it genuine kind words, encouragement, smiles, anything).

The selflessness that I've witnessed in the last two days is remarkable. Truly. I am nothing short of the luckiest girl in the world. Well, I take that back. I am short and the luckiest girl in the world :-)

For those of you interested in learning more about my fundraising efforts, please visit: http://www.gofundme.com/SolangesKidney



Also, if you have a free moment, please do spread the word! I would love to reach my goal before I go under the knife (whenever that is).

Love, peace & kidneys


P.S. Oh yea, Happy Halloween everyone! Stay safe!

Comments

Popular Posts