My eye is on FIRE and my hair is THINNING. Life. is. GOOD.



My left eye BUUUURRRNNNNSSSS. 


It looks like I have a crack eye or smoked a lot of pot using only the left side of my face (well eye, really). 


But on the flipside, I'm slowly getting control of the left side of my face AND my face hasn't exploded yet from the high doses of prednisone. Today is the last day I take 60mg, then its 10mg less per day from here until I'm back at 10mg daily. 


Next week my roommate/bestie and I are going on a no carb diet for a week. We want to knock out the excessive amounts of pasta, bread and rice we eat. Focus more on veggies and lean meats. It's a week experiment. I'm well aware it will be hard, but to be honest. If I can go on the ridiculously self-restricted diet I put myself on when I was in the hospital and out of it, I can make it through a week of eating no bread, pasta or rice. Believe you me. So that should be a new adventure. 


In a recent Lupus Now article, I read some testimonials about women and men who have gone through very similar hardships that I have during their bouts with lupus. One section in particular was the section about hair loss. Anyone who knows me or knew me back in elementary school or even middle school and most of high school, knew me as the girl with really long, super curly and dark hair (maybe even unruly at times). After going through so many treatments and medicines, my hair has thinned out quite a bit. It started to grow back fuller around junior and senior year of college. Once my kidneys failed again (last February), my hair started thinning because I re-started chemo and a ton of pills. FUN. 


ANYWAYS, in this article, one user mentioned a product called Nioxin®. She says it works for her thinning hair. I may need to invest in this. Anyone out there who has serious thin hair with remedies to thicken or improve hair growth? Anything at this point. And yes, I know about Biotin.

Comments

  1. I had bells palsey. It thankfully mostly went away. There are still some muscles that I can't move, but very hard to notice. Hopefully it goes away. Hail me up this weekend, we should hang out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts