New drug being tested for SLE treatment

Some exciting news I happened upon today while perusing the Lupus Foundation's blog: there is a new drug announced to help treat moderate to severe SLE (Systemic Lupus Erythematosus). The drug is called epratuzumab. It is said to control symptoms and improve health as quickly as 8-12 weeks. 

How awesome would that be?! It's still in the testing process, but to think that there is potentially a drug that will alleviate the long term stresses of the outdated methods of treating this obnoxious illness. I just hope I'm alive long enough to see a cure. They is still a ways to go, but I'm hopeful that it will happen in my lifetime. I want to be put to rest knowing that people will not have to go through the trials and tribulations that are associated with lupus. 

To read the full press release and learn more about epratuzumab follow this link:

Comments

Popular Posts