"I know you feel like you are breaking down. Oh I know that it gets so hard sometimes. Be calm."

(awesome song that really speaks to me right now)

Chemo is one of the most tranquil times for me. As scary as it may sound, I look forward to coming in and getting my treatment because I meet/see people who are just so inspiring. Even if I don't actually speak very much to other patients or nurses, just seeing people who are going through such a hardship and still have the courage to smile and laugh makes me so happy. It gives me a sense of hope that I want to spread like wildfire.


When I came to check-in this morning , I noticed a flyer for this support group for female cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy. The group teaches a class on beauty and how to feel and look good. I expressed interest in volunteering for the class and lending a helping hand to some lovely ladies. Hopefully I can get involved. It's definitely something I would love to be a part of. I mean, why not right? Make-up, hair, awesome people, smiles. All things I truly enjoy.


I'm glad I also rescheduled my chemo for today--the beginning of the week, a sense of a new beginning. After this past weekend, I need a new beginning. Cleanse myself of all the nonsense induced by myself and others. While I had one hell of a weekend, I did have the pleasure of meeting some cool, new people. I'm all about meeting new people. Man, I'm such a people person haha.


In other cool news, I'm being interviewed for a feature that will be written up in the LupusNow magazine. That's pretty cool, eh? I'll let you know how that goes. It's a feature on “taking control,” about the things that you CAN control when you have lupus. 


Oh, Jason and I decided on the apartment! Woo!


So that's that in the world of Solange. 
Out with the old and in with the new. 

Comments

  1. Your attitude is contagious. Continue sharing your gifts. I look forward to the article in LupusNow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the apartment! And the magazine.

    on another note, I really like fun.'s album. It's more pop that The Format, but so perfect for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whenever I start to fret on the silly, little daily things, I'll think if you. Can't wait to see your article. Please alert us on FB in case I miss it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts