Drip, Drip, Drip

2/26/10



I've been having trouble breathing lately. I have sinus issues (superficial ulcers in my nose and sinus cavities) and it makes breathing at night a chore. If my nose gets clogged, I breathe through my mouth and then my throat and mouth dry out and I start to wheeze. I haven't had a full nights rest in who knows how long. My breathing issues started to develop into abdominal and chest issues. I would get this wincing pain in my chest every time I took a deep breathe. It was like a pulsating sharp pain.

I would self medicate by taking ibuprofen, my prescribed medicines and flexeril (cyclobenzaprine--a muscle relaxant I was prescribed because prednisone causes insomnia). After a while, that didn't work. I needed to be seen my professionals. I like to wait for the weekend to go because I hate missing school.

Well...

As it turns out I'll be missing quite a bit of class. Apparently, I'm incredibly anemic and need blood transfusions. The doctors thought it might be a blood clot or pnuemonia. Turns out it is just my lupus AND my kidneys. My kidney function is low and not working properly. The doctors are having a hard time pin pointing what it is. I have three medical teams working on me. I feel like a science experiment.

This may be common sense for some, but it was news to me...DO NOT TAKE ANY NSAID WHEN YOU HAVE KIDNEY ISSUES. The doctors think that is what is messing up my kidneys. All my self medicating with Aleve and Ibuprofen.

Comments

Popular Posts