Bedside Manner thrown OUT the window


Happy March.

I’m still here. Slept like crap last night. I’m starting to learn the difference between the good nurses and the bad nurses. I had some shittay nurses last night. I understand that it is protocol to check a patients vitals every couple of hours or so, but to speak full volume at 4:30am, walk in, turn on the lights, and shake a patient to wake them up…that is NOT OKAY. I was severely pissed last night. I noticed that my blood pressure wouldn’t come down at all last night, not even doubling my medicine. I was that upset. Not only is it upsetting that I’m stuck here, no one visits me and it’s miserable, but the nurses and their bedside manner need some regrouping. TERRIBLY.

The maintenance people are a hell of a lot nicer. They walk in and smile and ask me how I’m doing. I don’t think I’ve seen my nurse that is on for today more than once.
Anyone else have terrible bedside manner stories?

At least it’s better than the last time I was admitted. I had a nurse that would come in at night and watch me sleep. No lie.











(P.S. I'm finally caught up on my entry dates. YAY! Sorry if that confused anyone.)

Comments

Popular Posts